I have been logging more miles than ever this Spring in my training. I am no different than anyone else in that I have to find different ways to stay motivated. I find music plays a large role in helping me focus. I will run to music on my long runs, and on some of my grueling speed work days at the local high school track.
I decided recently to put together an “Epic” playlist where my playlist was like a soundtrack. I specifically chose music with no lyrics. There was a really cool effect that it had on my running. I found that I felt so recharged and more full of energy the whole time. I really did feel like I was in my own movie.
So without further ado here is my “Epic Playlist” in no particular order as I had it on shuffle.
Epic Running Playlist
1) Unashamed (From the Unbroken Trailer) Starlight Film Orchestra
2) O Fortuna- Carl Off
3) Fanfare For the Common Man- Aaron Copeland
4) To the Stars (Dragonheart Theme) –Randy Edelman
5) War/Fanfare from Rocky- Vince DiCola
6) March of the Resistance (Star Wars the Force Awakens) –John Wiliams
7) The Battle (Chronicles of Narnia-The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Soundtrack) –Harry Gregson
8) Jurassic Park Theme Song- John Williams
9) Classic Battle-Sam Spence (NFL Films)
10) A New Game-Sam Spence (NFL Films)
11) Round Up-Sam Spence (NFL Films)
12) The Raiders March (Indiana Jones Soundtrack)-John Williams
13) Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle (Star Wars the Force Awakens) –John Williams
14) Overture and a Prisoner of the Crusades (Robin Hood Soundtrack)- Michael Kamen
15) Chariots Of Fire Theme- Vangelis
16) Duel of the Fates (Star Wars Episode 1 Soundtrack)-John Williams
17) Treason of Isengard-Lord of the Rings Soundtrack 1
18) Imperial March (Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack) –John Williams
19) A Knife in the Dark- Lord of the Rings Soundtrack 1
Try making a soundtrack of your own. See if it helps motivate you in new ways. Music has proven to be a great ergogenic aid. Feel free to suggest any additions you think you should be added. For further reading on how about the music and exercise connection check out the study linked here.